Zee.Aero is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of electric propulsion, active control, and information technology. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
Composite Manufacturing Technician
We are seeking several experienced composite manufacturing technicians to help us build prototypes of a new, advanced aircraft. Candidates will work closely with our engineering team and will perform a wide variety of hands-on composite fabrication and assembly tasks in a fast-paced R&D environment.
We are a small company and this position is responsible for a wide variety of composite manufacturing tasks including tooling fabrication, tool prep for lay-up, hand lay-up of pre-preg composite material using a variety of techniques and processes, vacuum bagging, precision trimming, fixturing and bonding, and general assembly.
- • High school diploma or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years composites lay-up, bonding, or assembly experience
• Able to read and understand composite engineering drawings and ply schedules including notes and tolerances
• Strong craftsmanship skills and experience with various types of hand tools and hand-held power tools
• Broad experience with a wide variety of epoxy resin systems, pre-preg materials, woven and unidirectional carbon fiber, fiberglass, structural adhesives, syntactic fillers, tooling boards and honeycomb and foam core.
• Composite bonding experience with a variety of adhesive systems; good understanding of the bonding process and surface preparation
• Extreme attention to detail and continual pursuit of perfection
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong team player
- • Substantial out of autoclave pre-preg processing experience
• RTM or VARTM experience
• Bladder or compression molding lay-up experience
• Autoclave/oven operating experience including software set-up and recipe creation/editing
• Experience with ply-cutting equipment and nesting software
• Ability/experience operating a laser projector during pre-preg lay-up
• Ability/experience operating a laser tracker for part validation or fixture set-up
• Significant tooling experience
• Ability to operate a forklift
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 20 PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with company matching, commuter checks, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free lunches, snacks, drinks, fruits, year-end bonuses, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, ping-pong table, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.